We provide water services to a quarter of New Zealanders.
We support our customers across the full asset lifecycle from the conceptual development of a project through design, construction, commissioning and whole-of-life support and optimisation
We also partner with our customers to operate and maintain treatment, storage, pump station and network assets.
Downer is an industry leader in water, providing smart, efficient solutions to our customers for their project needs. We offer a full range of services from full project scope to specialised service delivery, we ensure a consistently high-quality customer experience in new builds and capacity upgrades.
From irrigation schemes stretching hundreds of kilometres to the design, build, operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment plant, we have the knowledge and collaborative approach to deliver high performance water infrastructure.
We also have extensive in-house experience with a wide variety of SCADA and telemetry systems. Our national expertise includes an Automation and EC&I team who can quickly build systems to optimise remote monitoring and response activities.
Capital projects delivery capability
- Networks including pump stations
- Treatment plants and storage facilities
- Storage reservoirs
- Pressure sewer systems
- Irrigation systems
- Sewer outfalls
- New and replacement pipelines including trenchless
- SCADA and telemetry installations
- Plant and equipment commissioning and optimisation
Maintain and operate capability
- Three Waters reticulation and network assets
- Treatment plants and pump stations
- Stakeholder and customer experience management
- Mechanical and electrical plant
- SCADA and instrumentation
- Job management and field computing
- Real time reporting
- Planned, routine, reactive, breakdowns and repairs
- Consent monitoring, compliance and sampling
- Asset management services including reliability centred maintenance and condition assessment
- Leak detection, CCTV, hydrojetting, catchpit cleaning and backflow testing